Wednesday 15 July 2015

A Twist on the Past

It's been a while since I last thought about this blog. I had intended to write about my daily adventures, but I must have been preoccupied with living in the now (or then, I suppose). As the past 2 posts were quite lengthy with no photos, I thought it would be appropriate to start now.

Fountain in park near our flat

The great thing about the UC London study program I did was where our student housing was situation or even the classrooms themselves. Yes, classrooms. The program was based more in an institute type setting rather than the universities other programs had.

London had many parks scattered about to create the garden city effect. There were quite a few around my area, like the park the fountain above was in. It was just around the block. Convenient and lovely to stroll through.

Please excuse the mess. My 3 person shared room.
Our student flats weren't too bad. Located right in the center of London, we could walk to most things in about a half-hour or so. Our flats were worth about 1 million pounds. The only bad thing about living in London are the mice and water pipes. We had a little friend visit us twice and my shower room kept flooding due to bad piping.

The best thing about our neighborhood?

THE BRITISH MUSEUM
A museum within a museum!!!
I truly adore this museum. The exterior and interior architecture and design are so awe-inspiring and calming. The above is what you seen upon entering into the main area. The ceiling design is my favorite. Just triangles creating a spherical pattern. I probably stood there dazed and in wonder. Most of the permanent exhibits are of European history here, with rotating global exhibits year round.

Do you feel nauseated?
Bonus! I wish I had a DSLR or anything fancier than my 10 year old camera. I tried to take a spooky shot of the British Museum during one of my nightly strolls through the city. The blur is quite strong in this. Hopefully, the small size mitigates the nausea a bit more.

No comments:

Post a Comment